104 West Street
P.O. Box 551
Annapolis, Maryland 21404-0051
Phone: (410) 263-5900 x1121
Fax: (410) 280-2230
Mr. Wiggins is a shareholder in the Firm whose practice is devoted to the defense of claims for professional malpractice. He represents physicians, medical institutions and laboratory companies throughout the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia in a wide array of complex professional malpractice claims. The majority of these cases are high exposure cases involving birth trauma, wrongful death and other large loss claims. Mr. Wiggins regularly appears in the Circuit Courts throughout Maryland and in the District of Columbia on behalf of these clients and has tried in excess of 75 jury trials. Mr. Wiggins also regularly appears before the Maryland and District of Columbia Boards of Professional Responsibility representing physicians and health care providers in administrative actions. He is an elected member of the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Repeatedly voted by his peers for inclusion in Maryland SuperLawyers (15 consecutive years), Best Lawyers in America (10 consecutive years), and this year Selected to Superlawyers Top 100, Mr. Wiggins has been counsel of record on a number of leading judicial opinions in the District of Columbia and Maryland on issues relevant to health care law. Such matters have involved precedent-setting cases on the Statute of Limitations for health care providers in Maryland and the District of Columbia, as well as the immunities afforded certain health care providers.
Mr. Wiggins is AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated in Martindale-Hubbell.
- Maryland, 1994
- District of Columbia, 1996
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, 1995
- United States Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 1997
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1997
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland, 1994 J.D.
- St. Mary's College, 1990 B.S.
Honors and Awards:
- Selected to Superlawyers Top 100 (2021, 2022)
- Top One Hundred Maryland Super Lawyers, 2021
- Best Lawyers in D.C., 2010
- Maryland SuperLawyer Medical Malpractice Defense, 2007 - Present
- Best Lawyers in America Medical Malpractice Defense, 2009 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Maryland State Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Defense Counsel